jueves, 22 de noviembre de 2012

I really need to pass this class

 
I have english classes since I was 4, so for me they feel like a routine and they are nothing too special in my life. I plan to do the official courses to get my knowledge of english language certificated very soon so they classes will continue…forever. 

In the area of physical anthropology we are trained to read everything in english because english is the latin of our era, so if you wanna know about something, well...read about in the english version of wikipedia. The most prominent journals in science are in english language, so if you don`t want to get behind the news, you ought to check in Nature and Science, so in consecuance you have to know how to read in english.

And that is why I like to write on the blogs so much. It gives me the chance to express instead of just get impressed by the things i read about. But I would prefer to write more about discussion of papers of stuff like that than to talk about vacations or things of that nature. I visit a website called “Science Daily” everyday (or almost) and I love it because the publish news about science in a very accessible language, like a new in a newspaper, so I can learn about theme foreign to me, like earth, physical and biological sciences and math. I think I would write more and better thing if the job assigned to the blogs were write stuff like that.

 I think I have a good level on listening and reading, but expressing myself is a lot harder and I really need to improve that skills.
I like English very much. It is economic with the use of words, pragmatic and very flexible so is easy to express ideas. It`s always around me too: when I`m not reading papers, I`m listening to music or reading some comic books that usually are in English, so it`s omnipresent in my life and I very pleased with it.


 


 
 
 

2 comentarios:

  1. you are cool =)
    Although Physical Anthropology and Archaeology have the same quantity of papers in English, I don´t speak or read in English :(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. For me, science is in English, and this is all that I need to recognize that this language is so important and useful. For our career, we can't do other thing that read and write in English if we want a place in the sphere science. But, don't forget that colonization of the mind begins with the language.

    ResponderEliminar